مجلة كلية بغداد للعلوم الطبية هي مجلة رسمية تصدر عن كلية بغداد للعلوم الطبية
This is an open access Journal all content of the journal is available for reader free of charge immediately upon publication
|Journal: Iraqi Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences|
|Publisher: College of Pharmacy/ University of Baghdad|
|IJPS is peer-reviewed and open access|
|Print ISSN: 1683 – 3597|
|E-ISSN: 2521 – 3512|
|Publishing Frequency: semi-annual|
|Launched Date: 1979|
|Each published paper in IJPS has a digital object identifier (DOI) number|
Guidelines for Author
GUIDE FOR AUTHORS
Types of paper
Contributions falling into the following categories will be considered for publication: original research papers, reviews . Please ensure that you select the appropriate article type from the list of options when making your submission. Authors contributing to special issues should ensure that they select the special issue article type from this list
You can use this list to carry out a final check of your submission before you send it to the journal for review
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word.
- The Manuscript should be written in English only
- An English Abstract should be provided (250 to 300 words) and Arabic Abstract , for Arabian Authors only.
- 50% of references are recent and are within the last five years.
- References are written only in English language with Vancouver Citing & Referencing.
- The research undertaking, submission request, and copyrights form (available in the Author Guidelines section) should be completed formally and submitted before any action taken by the journal.
- All authors should be provide their an ORCID ID ( https://orcid.org/register)
- All authors should submit a cover letter and should be written a carefully (for example follow this link to learn how to write it: https://www.aje.com/dist/docs/Writing-a-cover-letter-AJE-2015.pdf)
- If the author used the laboratory animal therefore; the author/s should sign on the animal welfare statement https://bijps.uobaghdad.edu.iq/index.php/bijps/Animal
- Authors who present Manuscripts reporting studies involving human participants, human data or human tissue are required to sign this form: https://bijps.uobaghdad.edu.iq/index.php/bijps/Ethics_Approval
- It is important to mention the full names of all authors with their email and the correct corresponding author with his/her email and full corresponding address ,otherwise the submission will be rejected.
Please check the relevant section in this Guide for Authors for more details. Ensure that the following items are present: One author has been designated as the corresponding author with contact details: E-mail address Full postal address All necessary files have been uploaded:
Include body of manuscript . All figures (include relevant captions) All tables (including titles, description, footnotes) Ensure all figure and table citations in the text match the files provided Indicate clearly if color should be used for any figures in print Graphical Abstracts / Highlights files (where applicable) Supplemental files (where applicable) Further considerations Manuscript has been ‘spell checked’ and ‘grammar checked’ All references mentioned in the Reference List are cited in the text, and vice versa Permission has been obtained for use of copyrighted material from other sources (including the Internet) Relevant declarations of interest have been made Journal policies detailed in this guide have been reviewed Referee suggestions and contact details provided, based on journal requirements For further information.
Before you Begin Ethics in publishing Human and animal rights is required
A declaration form for Author click here
2- Animals rights
The use of laboratory animal in any research must be done according to the ethics relating to the use of these animals in the scientific work. Therefore the authors should sign on their responsibility for the application of these ethics. The following guideline according to the National Committee for Research Ethics in Science and Technology (NETNT).
INSTRUCTION TO AUTHORS
Iraqi Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences (IJPS) publishes papers on various aspects of pharmaceutical and medical science. Iraqi Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences (IJPS) is a fully open access journal. Open access (OA) refers to free, unrestricted online access to journal articles. OA content is open to all, with no access fees. For more information on Creative Commons Attribution licenses and the benefits of publishing open access click here
- The journal publishes the Iraqi and foreign articles submitted by researchers then subjected for evaluation and should fall into one of the following groups:
- Original research work containing basic or practical results. The total number of words in the research paper is within 5000 words.
- .Review article . The total number of words in the review should not exceed 10000 words and the total number of references should not less than 70 reference “50% of references are recent and are within the last five years”.
- The manuscript should be typed, single-spaced on standard-sized-paper (8.5″ x 11″) with 1″ margins on all sides. Times New Roman font 14 pt should be used. The fonts used in the text as well as graphics should be restricted to Times New Roman, Symbol.
- The manuscript should be in English and submitted to Iraqi journal Pharmaceutical Sciences online https://bijps.uobaghdad.edu.iq/index.php/bijps and divided into the following sections:
- – Title, name, address of author (s).
- – Name and address of the corresponding author ( Phone no. , E-mail ID )
- – Running title which is a short title printed in the Journal at the right corner of right hand page of the article ( except the lead page ) . A short title of not more than 50 character should be given.
- – Abstract typed separately ” as one paragraph “in both languages not exceeding 250 -300 .
- – keywords
- – Introduction
- – Materials and methods.
- – Results .
- – Discussion .
- – Conclusion The conclusion should be a brief paragraph, that summarizes the findings presented.
- – Acknowledgment
- – Referencess
- It should be mentioned if the research is abstracted from M.Sc. or Ph.D. thesis
- All the scientific abbreviations should be mentioned in full which first referred to in paper; otherwise the SI units and their abbreviations should always be used .
- Discussion can be included within results in certain circumstances
- Figures , graphs, legend and tables, should be drawn and typed carefully and clearly within their required position in the manuscript.
- References should be numbered ” superscript font ” in one consecutive series by order of appearance in the text.
- The list of references.Should be arranged numerically according to their appearance in the text and they should be written according Vancouver as follows :
a ) Journals name abbreviations should be according to the chemical abstract service source index and according to the following sequence: Name of the author(s), Title of the articles, name of the journal, Year, Volume and the first and last page of the paper. References in the chemical abstract can also be used for references that are not available Articles that are officially accepted for publication should be written as in press ” or Unpublished results “after the name(s) of the author(s).
b) Books should be written as follows: Name(s) of author(s), name of the book, edition, editor (publisher), place of publication, year, and the first and last page of the chapter.
c) ;50% of references are recent and are within the last five years
- Authors are required to send a covering letter along with the manuscript undertaking that, “manuscript has not been published so far/communicated to some other journaldownload Iraqi Journal Pharmaceutical Sciences License Agreement.
- The secretary of the journal checks the plagiarism of research submitted for publication using Turnitin program and the accepted limit for plagiarism is 20%.
- The manuscript is sent to experts in your field of study ( at least three reviewers) via open journal system in order to gain their insight and suggestions.
- All manuscript accepted for publications must be approved by referees and revised by the editorial board. The editorial board reserves the right to ask for modifications of the text by the authors.
- The revised manuscript should be re-submitted within two weeks , otherwise the submission will be rejected.
- For any article accepted for publication , the author(s) or the corresponding author should agree to transfer the copy right to the journal and sign a declaration of this effect .download Researcher undertaking
To download a search template ready to help the researcher in the context of the journal please download the template click here
Article Processing Charges (IJPS)
Authors are required to pay 250000 IQD (Iraqi Authors) , free of charge (foreign authors) for IJPS upon acceptance of manuscript. For more details refer to the secretary of the journal .